Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I hear it time and time again.. " I HATE LIARS!!" As true as this statement is, I find the more honest statement to be.. "the truth hurts".  People don't want to hear the truth anymore than they want to be lied to, because in that moment of honesty we are shown, in living color, that we have fucked up or are in the process of fucking up.

Make no mistake, I'm not perfect, but I have learned the value of the truth through experience, heartache, and perseverance. I've lost friends for honestly telling them they are making mistakes in their lives. Friends have stopped talking to me because they ask my opinion and don't like the responses. Jesus. I feel like I should have a warning label or disclaimer on my forehead- WARNING HONEST PERSON- WATCH FOR UNBRIDLED HONESTY! There have even been times where I have questioned whether there is such a thing as being "too honest"...I think the jury is still out on that, yet I continue to tell it like it is.

A little about me...
I'm a single mom, I work a full time job, and I have an affinity for video games. I love red wine, laughing and educating myself on the behavior of others. I'm educated, I hold a BS in Criminal Justice/Criminology from Western Carolina University. I have friends from many different cultures and walks of life. I've been married twice- the first was a Narcissistic douchebag that would know the truth if it bit him in the ass and the second a manipulative sociopath who used the truth to exploit women in particular to sustain his own life. I've made choices in my life where I learned that the truth is always the best policy, and a gift I have passed along to my children...Dear GOD I hope they were listening.

I had to let go of a 13 year friendship because after many talks about her lifestyle, and tears on my shoulder about the caliber of men she allowed into her life.. she failed to see that she was the cause of her own misery. It hurt to watch her cry over these things, but it hurt more that she failed to see what I was pointing out. The relationship with her son was failing, she was more concerned with her broken heart to realize how much he needed her. Acting out became his way to get attention from her...even legal trouble. As much as it hurt, I cut her out of my life for many reasons.. but above all not having the testicular fortitude to have a conversation life an adult.

So, I offer you the chance to pose questions, offer scenarios, anything that you want an honest opinion in reference to. But BE WARNED.. these are MY opinions and I will be honest. Just be careful what you wish for.

~Truth

No comments:

Post a Comment